Saturday, April 5, 2014

She's a Cantaloupe! And I'm 6 Months Pregnant (Wow)!

Our sweet baby is the size of a Cantaloupe now (one of my absolute most favorite fruits)!  The first fruit that seems realistic to my belly size - ha-ha! :)  She's 10.5-11.8 inches long and weighs about 12.7-20.8 ounces. Her skin is more pink and opaque now, making her look more like a baby.  And she never fails to remind me she's there...kicking and moving around at certain times of the day! :)  Can you believe we are already 6 months (24 weeks) along?!

Curtis will push lightly on the baby and she will push back...Curtis says they're wrestling!  :)  And he thinks that if he tickles my stomach and makes the baby move, that the baby is ticklish!  When technically, I think he's just doing it to tickle me and get away w/ it!  Ha-ha!

As for me...it's glucose testing time at the next dr's appointment!  Ugghh!  I have heard how UNAMAZING the Glucola drink they make you take is!  I opted for Orange (the other option was Fruit Punch).  We'll see if I picked the right one.  Either way I'm not anticipating a drink I'm going to want again any time soon. So, cross your fingers that we don't come out w/ gestational diabetes!

And...something exciting coming up!  Baby shower time!!! And I'll be coming home to Boise!  I can't wait to see everyone!  More details to come!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. Can hardly wait to snuggle that little one!
Love, Grandma HB