I am 27 1/2 weeks and the baby is the size of a Rutabaga. What is a Rutabaga, you ask?! Honestly, I have no idea. I have never seen a Rutabaga in my life...but, it's fun to say! :) I do know that the baby is now at 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds. They say that she's practicing inhaling & exhaling (amniotic fluid) with her rapidly developing lungs. And she's showing brain activity!
| A Rutabaga! :) |
One of the funny symptoms for me that I couldn't resist putting on here: Snissing (that's peeing when you sneeze)! Baby puts a ton of pressure on your bladder and more frequent pit stops are recommended. (I'm a first time prego...these things make me giggle a little! Going through it for the first time is terrifying and entertaining...all at the same time! I can't even fathom the idea of wetting myself...but, it's obvious that I'm going to have to accept it someday...in the near future!) : 0
Our Recent Happenings:
Gestational Diabetes test was a week ago Friday. (The "sugar drink" wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be...in fact, I really didn't mind it at all.) The findings: We are NOT diabetic, but we ARE anemic. I am deficient in Iron and had to start taking a daily supplement. I was informed that w/ anemia, you can crave chewing ice, eating dirt, hair, etc. I am glad that I have had NO cravings!!! Aggghh!!!! Can you imagaine?! I was also informed that this explains my constant fatigue/tiredness. (And I thought it was just from working over 40 hours/week, plus commuting 10-12 hours/week on top of that! Oh, and being pregnant, of course. Doesn't that make you tired?)
I'm also starting to have contractions. Not just Braxton Hicks (not that I know the difference, but my Dr confirmed that what I was describing and where, is contractions). Not a concern yet, but will be if they become longer and more frequent. (Too much stress!)
I celebrated my 34th birthday the same day I had my blood drawn for Diabetes. Our friends Dave & Traci treated us to lunch at one of our favorite places, The Aloha Kitchen. And Curtis accepted a job offer that day! He is now working full-time as a landscaping superintendent and running his Auto D.R. business on the side! He has even hired a part-time employee for his business. I am so proud of him! (What a hard working Daddy!) :) (Not to mention all of the projects around the house he's been getting done! Crib, Glider, Dresser, Laundry Room cabinets, Bathroom cabinet & shelves...we're starting our back yard this week!) So many things going on!
Baby's Room Update:
Crib...Check! Glider...Check! Dresser...Check! We found a dresser at Goodwill for the baby's room last week for a great deal! We are going to paint it to match the other furniture and get new hardware for it. Now we need to get the baby's room painted so we can start getting the room put together! Little Miss Hardy will be here before we know it!
Oh, and "The Bump!":
I feel like I'm doubling in size every week now that I've really started showing! How much can one body expand?! Ha-ha! And I still have 3 months to go!

1 comment:
So fun to read your blogs! I just figured out how to make a comment on here. You look absolutely beautiful. We are so excited we can't stand it. Sounds like you are well on your way to being prepared. Can't wait for your shower. Let me know where you're staying when you get here. We would love to have you here but know it's Mother's Day weekend as well! Love you Linda
Post a Comment